Ayahuasca retreat preparation
Preparation is a very important part of the retreat. Honoring the Ayahuasca diet and preparation guidelines are essential to the healing process and key to a successful experience.
We require all participants at Selva Madre to consult our medical guidelines page prior to attending the retreat.
1. Please consult our Ayahuasca dietary information .
2. Please try and eat a healthy diet a few weeks prior to attending the retreat and practice some form of physical exercise or yoga.
3. The practice of meditation and relaxation helps to focus during ceremonies.
4. Long walks in the nature will help to balance your energy.
5. Abstaining from sexual intercourse three days before the retreat will help to empower your vital energy.
What to bring to the retreat?
- Flashlight or headlamp lamp will help when walking to the temple or dining room after dark.
- Long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt is recommended as the nights and evenings can be cool.
- White clothes for ceremonies.
- A reusable bottle of water
- 1 Backpack
- Outdoor shoes
- 1-2 pairs rugged pants for hikes (lighter is better)
- Rain poncho
- 2 Photocopies of passport
- Sunscreen (30+ SPF Recommended)
- Multi-use knife
- 1 Day-pack/carry-on bag
- 1 Warm sweatshirt (just in case)
- Peruvian Currency (PEN) as pocket money
- Remember to notify financial institution of travel plans
- Flashlight(s) (For walking to dining/ceremonial temple after dark)
- Sandals or flip-flops
- Long sleeved shirts for jungle and ceremonies
- Sun hat
- Passport (valid for at least six months
- Insect repellent
- Small first-aid kit